Monday, February 13, 2012

14 Days of Love: Day 13

Apparently this whole "I'm going to list 14 reasons I love each of my family members" thing is a bit over my head. Yesterday I duplicated yet another previous thing I love about Jason. Poor Jason. I'll do two for him to make it up (again!) and hopefully I don't screw things up tomorrow. It's my last shot to get it right.

Jason (Day 12): The first thing Jason does every evening after he changes out of his work clothes is play with Hazel and Clara. He loves to play with them and they with him.

Jason (Day13): He has an overwhelming sense of responsibility to provide for our family and is not afraid of hard work. I think I'll forever be grateful for the time in our life where he spent a few nights of the week cleaning parking lots and Saturdays cleaning up a construction site so we could buy groceries. Having to do grunt work despite having a 4 year degree and having to work for much less than he was worth didn't stop him from doing all he could to help put food on our table.

Clara: she is genuinely concerned about me (and people in general) and gets very upset if she catches me crying.

Hazel: Has recently realized her head exists. She'll "clap" with her head between her hands, she smears food in her hair (well, the little bit she has) and she rubs the little fuzz on her head that we call her hair.

*******************************************************

On Sunday, just seconds (seriously, seconds) after I was feeling rather proud of myself for thinking I'd have the dishes done, the kitchen clean, the house clean and dinner ready on time for our family dinner, after such a crazy week, I realized my cookie sheets and plastic lids were in my oven that was pre-heating. In case the picture doesn't make it obvious, dinner did not get done on time and I stopped feeling proud of myself.

3 comments:

Allison Johnson said...

I don't have cookie sheets with lids anymore because I did that exact same thing a few years ago. Seriously, seconds, right?!?

Jen said...

ugh bummer :(

Kami Milliron said...

Oh no, that is terrible ! You know what's funny though - I have always checked the oven before I turn it on. I always have. Even if I KNOW there is nothing in there, I do it anyway just in case. Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us : )